Here at JCI, we believe in learning by doing while creating positive change, and there are few better ways to do this than skilled volunteering.
Skilled volunteering is about applying professional skills to organisations like charities, NGOs, or schools which don’t always the resources to pay for them, but often need them the most. We partner with two organisations to allow our members to contribute to important causes while developing CV-enhancing skills at the same time.
Link UP London
Link UP brings together volunteers willing to share their professional skills with local charities, community groups and social enterprises who need those skills to make a real difference in the community. Their skilled volunteers work on projects that range from a few hours over 1 day, to 40 hours over a 6 month period. Projects are structured, short-term and flexible to fit into busy schedules.
Examples of past Link UP projects:
- HR policy review and simplification for a citizen’s advice service.
- Financial and tax analysis for a young mothers network’s fundraising activities.
- Volunteer management and engagement for a community legal practice.
Click here to express interest in volunteering for a project.
Young Chamber is led by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and focuses on working with young people in critical school years and helping develop key skills to prepare them for the future.
- Mock interviews and CV workshops
- Networking events
- Business talks from local employers
- Visits to local businesses for student and teachers
- Businesses attending school career fairs
Contact Drew at [email protected] for more details on how to participate.