As we slowly emerge out of lockdown, JCI London is proud to be part of the new citywide campaign #BecauseI’mALondonder designed to shine a spotlight on London businesses as they open their doors once again. Created initially by London & Partners, this campaign means Londoners will be encouraged to responsibly rediscover their neighbourhoods and in turn encouraging other to show their support for London businesses.
The campaign’s chief aims are to:
- Reassure Londoners that going out responsibly is safe for them and for others https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Show that businesses are responding to the new aspirations of Londoners.
- Give Londoners confidence that going out responsibly will be a great and safe experience.
- Help Londoners support businesses which are currently struggling, in industries including hospitality, retail and leisure.
- Encourage Londoners to share their passion for the city, giving others confidence to experience it too.
Cllr Clare Coghill, London Councils Executive Member for Business, Europe and Good Growth said:
“Many businesses have been dealt a huge blow as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. As we begin to emerge from lockdown, Londoners have a real opportunity to make a difference by supporting and celebrating hard-working local traders. This campaign highlights the businesses that make London such a vibrant and unique place to live and work. We may be a big city, but the spirit of our communities is present in every borough. Now more than ever is a time to show our support for London’s diverse and wonderful high streets and local businesses.”
So are you going out and about? Fancy chilling at Regent’s Park? Having a coffee with a friend at your local cafe? Share your experience on social media and include the hashtag #BecauseI’mALondonder to promote the London business you are using and encourage others to check these spaces out and show their support for the London community!
This post was written by Chantelle Nylander - Quartey